Goodbye Dusty

 





My little dog, Dusty died back in July. On the 10th if I am not mistaken. I miss him so much. He was my good friend, Jon's dog. Actually, he was Jon's mother's dog. She passed away from covid. Jon brought Dusty home afterward. I have been renting a room from Jon since 2020. At the time Jon had started a shipping business. I was taking care of Dusty. At first Dusty stayed in his cage in the living room, and I would let him out when he had to go. Dusty was house-trained already so that was the good thing. 

Anyway, Jon was so busy and was gone a lot so Dusty pretty much became my dog. When I got a new bed, he started sleeping under my bed. Jon told me his name was originally Dream but he was always sleeping under Jon's mom's bed so they started calling him Dusty.

I would walk Dusty several times a day. Oh yeah, he was 15 years old.  I never thought he would be gone. He got sick and I had scheduled him for an appointment with the vet. He died the same day as the appointment. Sometimes I still think he is under the bed. I really miss him.

Let me tell you how fate works. As you may know, I love to draw. When I was living in an area of Richmond, Virginia called Churchill, I would go to the library nearby. Sometimes I would draw in my sketchbook. Jon happened to be in the library one day when I was drawing.  He stopped and looked and we had a conversation. He wanted me to draw a picture for him so he got my number. I had no idea that in the future I would be a renting a room from him.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Derrick W. Jackson Art Portfolio

Fist Magazine coming in April 2022