"Best Days" - Alessia Cara


I can definitely relate to the message of this video. She sings, "What if my best days were the days I left behind." That verse rings so true with me. I was successful at a young age. After I graduated with a BS in computer science from Valdosta State, I got a great job working for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington DC. Stayed there for five years then I moved back to Georgia. I stayed in Atlanta for about 4 years. I had bought a two-story house with a two-car garage, living room, family room, dining room, three bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. I lost it when I got into trouble there. I wrote about this in the past so I won't go into it.

But I've wondered was that the best for me. Will I ever get my own home again? Will I make over $70,000 again? Can I be successful with my own business? I believe I bounced back between art and IT because I did not want to let getting a MS and BS in computer science be in vain. All of this happened a long time ago. I've regretted my decision of leaving government work, but I know it was for the best.

I'm an artist now. I need to embrace that and stay consistent. That's the only way I will get better and be successful. 

I don't know if Alessia Cara was the sole writer of this song but to have grasped this subject at age in her twenties is remarkable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Derrick W. Jackson Art Portfolio

Fist Magazine coming in April 2022