A new day - a new gift

 


Life is precious. Freedom is priceless and I feel we sometimes take it for granted. Our ancestors fought and died for it. Being Black my ancestors were brought here as slaves. We have overcome so much. I know firsthand how important it is to make good decisions. No, I'm not perfect and in the past, I have found myself on the wrong side of the law. For a long time I was angry at the police and to be honest I held a grudge.

There needs to be police reform. It seems like Black life isn't valued. But we need the police. We can't defund the police that won't solve the problem.

Young Black men, if you are pulled over by the police you have to do everything they say. Give them respect and to be honest they should respect you as well. You can't argue with them, they have a gun and you don't know what that officer will do if the situation escalates.  Don't give them an excuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Derrick W. Jackson Art Portfolio

Fist Magazine coming in April 2022